h2 class="sidebar-title">Links

mollylee

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

ta for nothing

I began to feel that freedom should beget freedom. But it did'nt work. In a way, the reverse happened, and the more involved I got in my painting, which subsequently led to many outside contracts and a lot of visitors and the writing of books, the less that I was liked in the community. The more I was different, the more I was rejected. And I finally had to realise that they were not interested in freedom. They were interested in the survival of the Benedictine Order and it particular in the survival of the Abbey. So the Kind of person they accepted became more and more the kind of person who would fit into the frame they wanted Meinrad Craighead (contemporary)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

archive

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?